Store Manger - St Werburghs
Better Food is a company making a difference to good food and farming. We do things a bit differently, putting people and food first closely followed by strong financial control. We have sales £4m and have just opened our third store.
We are now looking for an excellent store manager for our St Werburghs store, as the current Manager is taking up a new opportunity within Better Food.
Main purpose of the job:
• Ensure that impeccable service is set as the standard and that prioritising the customers’ needs is ingrained in the store team’s behaviours
• To lead the team to deliver results
• Understand and know the market place, including competitor information and the store’s customer profile
• Be commercially minded to drive profit making judgements and taking decisions to ensure store targets and KPI’s are met while maintaining the Better Food ethos
• Manage and develop team performance through regular and open feedback, setting objectives and performance reviews
Hours: full time, 40 per week
Salary: dependant on experience
For further details about the role, and how to apply visit our website.
Closing date: Monday 22 August 2016
Interviews: 30 August and 5 September 2016
NO AGENCIES, NO CV ACCEPTED WITHOUT AN APPLICATION FORM
JOB DESCRIPTION: STORE MANAGER
Line Manager: Retail Operations Manager
Department Managers, Supervisors, Stock Controllers, Customer Service Advisers
Mission: To help us be the best independent retailer and deliver on the company purpose, aspiration, customer promise and values primarily by delivering excellent customer service throughout all areas of your role:
1. Manage the delivery of successful retail operations.
2. Be a great manager to our company and your team.
To be successful it is essential we have;
• A customer centric approach
• Profitable café operations
• Strong teams with the right members doing the right jobs
• Excellent communication channels
• Efficient in essential processes
• Ensuring consistency across the business
• Continual monitoring, review, innovation and improvement
…. All aligned to our purpose, aspiration, values and customer promise.
Be a great manager to our company and your team.
• Maintain a positive, can do attitude, be a great role model
• Provide great communication and expect this from others. Ensure communication is excellent (up, down and sideways) through team meetings, huddles, one-on-one’s etc.
• Ensure we have healthy, productive teams.
o Manage workloads appropriately
o Ensure we have the right people in the right jobs (‘on the bus’) and poor performers or poor fit staff ‘off the bus’ all in a timely, legal, and BFC appropriate way.
o Ensure that direct reports are inducted, trained and compensated appropriately
• Ensure department managers and supervisors are strong performers and leaders and ensure there is a continuity plan for absences and resignations.
• Lead support and develop department managers and supervisors as well as identifying and developing future team leaders.
• Ensure a robust performance management approach with direct reports,
o Meet with your direct reports at least 1 time per week (to align and prioritise activity)
o Perform informal reviews monthly with your direct reports (document)
o Perform quarterly personal development needs, plans and progress.
o Perform formal end of year reviews.
• Oversee the staff rota including holidays – ensuring adequate cover in the store at all times.
• Recruiting and hiring in line with the Better Food Company ethos.
• Attend meetings on a regular basis, engage and be candid.
• Provide insight and feedback from department (both employee and customers).
• Bring fresh ideas and suggestions to drive business success and help meet targets.
• Work in unison with colleagues throughout the company.
• Build a culture of continual improvement within your team.
• Be knowledgeable and in support of:
o Our company purpose, aspirations, customer promise and values.
o Our company structure, resources and goals
o Our customers, industry and competition.
• Own and manage the commercial P&L performance of your store.
• Deliver on KPI’s including but not limited to sales, wastage, margins and wages.
• Deliver on our customer promise in the store at all times.
• Seek out and act upon customer feedback.
• Ensure that impeccable service is set as the standard and that prioritising the customers’ needs is ingrained in the store team’s behaviour.
• Ensure store merchandising is appealing and full, abundant, clean and tidy (FACT)
• Work through stock controllers to ensure stock levels and accuracy of Vector, as well as timelines of data entry.
• Work with team to execute pricing, promotions and events – ensuring target margins are met.
• Work with team to mitigate wastage.
• Housekeeping and store maintenance including health and safety, fire safety and food hygiene.
• Maintaining Soil Association compliance.
• Other operating tasks including opening, closing, cashing up.
Other tasks and assignments as reasonably requested.
Values and capabilities
In addition to aligning to our core values (of “THIRST”), the right person will also possess the following capabilities:
• Passion for being a great leader in our company
• Excellent task management – prioritising tasks appropriately and asking for help if required
• Passion for wholesome organic food
• Excellent understanding of food and catering
• Great organisation skills
• Team leader
• Action orientated approach, self-motivated
• A driver of innovation and change
Key performance indicators
You will be evaluated on what you do and how you do it.
• Department sales figures
• Customer numbers
• Average customer transaction
• Team engagement and performance
Expectations: We expect all staff to foster a “can do” attitude, to lead and inspire by example and to put the best interests of the company at the forefront of all they do at The Better Food Company.
This includes taking responsibility for achieving and maintaining the highest standards of health and safety in the workplace.
Reviewed July 2015